Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I can't stand being around my little sister, ever. What should I do?

It seems like you are in a very tough situation, and I'm really sorry about that. But, I am a little sister of my oldest brother, who also suffered from clinical depression. Actually, there was one point in my life where I was going almost the EXACT same situation, only I was the annoying little sister. I was so upset to come home from school, knowing that I had to completely change my behavior and turn into this little brat because my brother just seemed to treat me like ****. My mother began to realize what was going on (she is a psychiatric nurse), and she said that it is frequent for the older sibling to take out their anger on their younger sibling in a form of confusion, or wanting to feel that someone will love you no matter how you act. And I, too was being a little bratty girl, just because I was unhappy, and because there was no ro-model to show me how I SHOULD act, with a torn relationship with my brother. My brother took depression medication, and I got busy with schoolwork and after school clubs, and soon we argued less, and now we fight every so often, but the arguments never last, and we learn to enjoy each other's company more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment